Monday, October 5, 2009

Wonderful Weekend



I'm thankful for a weekend of being spiritually fed by our wonderful Prophet and other Church Leaders. Sunday's morning address touched me as President Monson spoke of Service "Each of us can do something to help someone. Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and, figuratively, lose their life, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish and in effect save their life." His wish to all of us is "Find someone who is having a hard time, or is ill or lonely and do something for him or her." There were so many things I needed to hear this weekend to help me be a better person.

1 comment:

Bonnie and Jim said...

That was an awesome conference. I felt a spiritual high.