Tuesday, December 16, 2008

21 Suggestions for Success

Today as I was sitting in the Doctors office waiting for the Dermatologist to come in and tell me why I keep getting this rash on my eyes and upper lip. I was reading this sign on the wall and I found that it listed some very good suggestions so I thought I would share them with you (need to work on that #9 one). And by the way they said the problem was me having acrylic nails WHAT??? Even though my nails are healthy and my cuticles look really good, she said it was because I had nails on and that I needed to remove them immediately, NOT!!! I think I need to look into that one a little bit more.



21 Suggestions for SUCCESS

1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or
misery.

2. Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.

3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.

5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.

6. Be generous.

7. Have a grateful heart.

8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.

9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.

10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.

11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.

12. Commit yourself to quality.

13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on
relationships with people you love and respect.

14. Be loyal.

15. Be honest.

16. Be a self-starter.

17. Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.

18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.

19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things
you didn’t do more than the ones you did.

20. Take good care of those you love.

21. Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your Mom proud.

By: H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

3 comments:

pirate ride said...

Those are some really good Suggestions! Thanks for sharig! What!! Remove your nails!!! No way! Do you know what products they use?

Jared Westergard said...

Hey Mom! Jared here. So I decided that it's your shoes that are causing all the problems. Duh!!! LIke it could ever be your nails. I've been having a runny nose lately. I wonder if it's because of the tv show I watched this morning?

Bonnie and Jim said...

#9 is my worst also, but there are many I need to work on. Great suggestions.