Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Peachy


This time of year I find myself looking for signs where I can get some good Utah Peaches. I bought my first bunch the other day and yum they were good, so many things you can do with them, but the best is to just cut them up and eat them right out of the bowl, good with a little vanilla ice cream too. Lynn will always go for a fresh peach shake, he grew up having one every Sunday night that his Mom would make, still his favorite . Here are a few good recipes you can do with your peaches...

Peach Cobbler

4-6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches

1 3/4 Cup Whole Oats

1 1/2 Cups Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

3/4 Cup packed Brown Sugar

1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, melted

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.

Lightly grease the bottom of a casserole dish. Layer the dish with the peaches. Combine all the ingredients together until crumbly. Generously spread the topping over the peaches. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.


Fresh Peach Cake

Cake
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 1/3 cups mashed peaches
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
*Mix oil, eggs, and sugar. Add mashed peaches. Stir in the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Put in a 9" greased round pan or bunt pan or can use loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes-check with toothpick.
Sauce
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. flour
1/2 cup butter
2 egg yolks
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
*In small sauce pan, combine ingredients well. Boil until thickened. WATCH CAREFULLY--will scorch.
Serve cake with sauce and fresh peaches.

2 comments:

Jared Westergard said...

YUM! I miss grandma's peach shakes there the best! PS I miss you guys it seems like it has been forever!

Bonnie and Jim said...

It sounds yummy! Come fix it for me ok? I start my class tonight at weber and I won't have time.