Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Vacation Part 2 in Wyoming

The second week of our vacation we went to our family cabin in Star Valley Wyoming. I love being there and enjoy the cool weather, everything was so green and beautiful. The first two days, Lynn's brother Allen came and they went fishing with a guide, something they do every year. One of my favorite things to do is drive up to Jackson Hole, its about 45 miles from the cabin and its amazing scenery to see, I was way excited that I saw a Bald Eagle this year. While Lynn and Allen fished, I took Josh and Kell up to JH and we did a little shopping and ate at our favorite restaurant "Merry Piglets" really good Mexican food. We went to the kids favorite store "Yippy I-O Candy Store" they pick out their favorite candy and so many flavors of taffy to choose from, and they have the best chocolates and fudge. Two things we love to do is go ride the Alpine slides and go White-Water Rafting on the Snake River. Sometimes when I am there seeing how beautiful it is and loving the cool weather, I wonder what I am doing in Arizona!!! We missed the rest of our family, Jared, Lexi and Jesse, but next year we will all be together for the first time in 3 years, it will be a great reunion.


Lynn on his fishing trip.


Nice fish Allen!




One of the favorite fishing places.


Josh and Lynn checking out the fishing hole.


Famous buffalo in JH.


Elk Horn Arch


Future Jackrabbit (she did not want me to take this picture) she is a good sport!


Eating at Bubbas an amazing BBQ place.


I love the view of the Teton Mountains in the background.


The Tetons


Lynn coming down the slide.


Getting ready to race.


I smoked em all!!


Cute Kell


Josh and Kell on the tram lift.






Eating at the Wolf Den.


Just got done eating at Rocky Mountain Seafood (yes we eat alot)


Josh and Lynn on the 6th hole, right outside the cabin.


Uncle Wayne & Aunt Barb had us over for an amazing dinner.


Pork Butt Roast cooked all day.


YUM-O


Uncle Wayne cooking the pork in his barrel.


Fishing Hole


Josh looking good in your gear.


Nice

5 comments:

Karin S said...

Your pictures are amazing! It is so beautiful! I wish we could of come up and spent some time playing with you guys! It was good to hang out with you guys for awhile before you went up. We went to dinner last night with Lynn and Josh, but we missed you and kell! They did share some of your candy from the candy store with us though!Hope your not dying of the heat! The high at Star valley today is 61 You would need your winter coat. Ha Ha! Love Ya!

pirate ride said...

Ok this looks like a fabulous trip!! All the food sounds YUM-O and loved that you smoked em all on the slide!! Great pic's and next year will be the best with all of your cute sweet family!!! Love ya!!

Forbes Clan of Six said...

I love Wyoming. Wish I was there with you. Looked like you had a wonderful and relaxing time. Love you.

Bonnie and Jim said...

What beautiful pictures!! It makes me want to get away. You always do so many nice things with your family. Good memories. It will be nice to have them all with you next year. Your family is going to start growing!!!!

ktwesty said...

Looks like you had a blast! I'm sad I couldn't go up to the cabin this summer! Dad loved the picture of him with the fish! Love you! xoxo