Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

With it officially being the first day of Fall, what better way to spend it than making Pumpkin Cookies, maybe it will make me feel like its cooler than 97 degrees outside, although it was feeling pretty good early this morning. I have made this cookie recipe for many years, it makes tons so if you can't eat them all, I'm sure your neighbors wouldn't mind getting a plate of them.
Hope you enjoy! they are as delicious as they look and very addicting.


This is what you'll need


Makes a lot of dough


I would always leave some unfrosted for Jesse! Next Fall Elder


We all like them with the cream cheese frosting!


PUMPKIN COOKIES

2 cups shortening
1 cup white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
3 cups pumpkin
2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (for my kids, I don't put them in)

Cream sugars and shortening, add eggs one at a time, add pumpkin and vanilla. Next add dry ingredients. Drop a well rounded spoonful (cookie scoop works good) for each cookie, on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1 package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Blend cheese, butter and vanilla, add powdered sugar and beat until frosting is smooth. Frost when cookies are cool.

4 comments:

Jared Westergard said...

I love your pumpkin cookies! So yummy! It's funny because although it is hot outside it still feels like fall outside. The air outside does just feels different.

pirate ride said...

YUM-O!! Those look fabulous! Wish I could pop over and get one! :( thanks for sharing your recipe! love ya

Bonnie and Jim said...

yummmmmm! I don't have time so can you come make some for me? You are such a good cook.
Love ya

Sara Hadlow said...

those look so good....