Thursday, February 25, 2010

Josh Update

Its been a week since Josh's surgery and I think he is finally feeling better, the pain isn't as bad and he is sleeping through the night. He has a daily schedule he has to do and that is ice his knee with a machine called Polar Care Kodiak it is a motorized cold therapy, you fill the machine with water and ice, put the pad on his knee, and it can run 6 to 8 hours before requiring fresh ice and water. He does this one hour on and one hour off all day. Then he has to use a machine called the OptiFlex or CPM Continuos Passive Motion for physical therapy that will bend his knee starting at a low setting and increase each week to bend it more each time, he does that for 6 - 8 hours per day. With all of this he is doing really well, we feel the surgery was a great success and will be very well worth it down the road. We have him in our room because of the stairs, we don't want to take that chance of him falling, I think he is anxious to be in his own room but maybe in a couple of weeks. Hang in there Josh, your knee is going to feel brand new soon. Thank you for my dear friends and family who have brought Josh treats and balloons and cards, or just called to see how he is doing and for his friends who have dropped by to say hello, it has really helped to cheer him up. Im so thankful for good family and friends in my life.

Josh doing the CPM machine

First look at the knee after taking of bandages

Staples in his leg

JJ is trying to comfort him

Josh doing the Polar Care Machine it is nice so we don't have to keep putting ice on it.


Most recent picture of his leg, one week later.

6 comments:

Sara Hadlow said...

ew, that makes me hurt to look at it. i worked at a hospital for about 6 months where everyone was getting knees or hips replaced. i saw this kind of stuff a lot. it just looks painful.

Bonnie and Jim said...

Those are great staples! I'm glad to see JJ there supporting you. It sounds like you are working hard. Good to hear things are going so well. Love you Josh. Hang in there.

pirate ride said...

OUCH...Poor guy! I hear this is a very panful recovery. Good luck Josh, he is so luck to have the best Mom to help in his recovery!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I must have missed your valentines post. I love your necklace!! That was sweet. How are you doing. I hate not talking to you. Let's both fly away somewhere and not come back!!

Jana said...

Im ok, its been a rough 2 weeks, I actually am running away but to your house, I just bought tickets for Kell and I to come see you in two weeks, we do need to run off somewhere together sometime soon. Luv you too.

Forbes Clan of Six said...

Give him my love. Marilyn went through the same thing and it is a painful recovery. Love you much.