Monday, March 1, 2010

New Cookie Recipe



I tried this new cookie recipe the other day for a youth fireside, I usually make my same old Toll House Cookies but thought these looked good. They suggest using Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips, they have oatmeal and cinnamon in them and even calls for a little lemon juice. I thought they were really good, Lynn didn't like the chocolate chips, but he doesn't like any other cookie than my Toll House ones. So you should make these and decide for yourself, I love Ghirardelli chocolate so it was a winner for me.

Long Lost Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter (2 squares)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 eggs
3 cups semisweet premium chocolate chips (Ghirardelli) I only used 2 cups
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oats, flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in dry ingedients. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon rounded balls onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown on outside but still soft in the middle.

2 comments:

pirate ride said...

Oatmeal, cinnamon, lemon and chocolate, sounds fabulous to me! I'm going to have to make these. Thanks for sharing Yum-o (as you would say) love ya

Bonnie and Jim said...

They sound great! I liked your other oatmeal cookies I made. Now to keep myself from eating them all will be a task.