Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Valentines Day Dessert!




Last week I took my turn having the
Missionary Mom's) Group at my house, we each talked about how our Missionary's are doing, I love to hear the stories their Mom's share, all 13 of them (soon to be 12 hehe). I gave each Mom a Candy Bar Letter Kit to send them for Valentines Day. I always look forward to when we meet each month, and get great things to send to our Sons. I made a dessert that is good for Valentine's Day coming up, several people have asked for the recipe so I thought I would post it. It is delicious, so warning it takes a lot of willpower not to eat the whole thing.

Raspberry Dream Dessert!

2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 pkg Raspberry Danish Dessert Mix
1 1/2 cups water
1 pkg frozen raspberries
2 env. dream whip
1 cup powdered sugar
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix flour, butter, brown sugar, and nuts.  Spread in 9x13 pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 min.  Remove 1/2 of crumb mixture and set aside.  Spread remaining 1/2 mixture in pan.  
Prepare Danish Dessert Mix using 1 1/2 cups water.  Cool slightly and add raspberries.  Set aside.
Prepare Dream Whip as directed on envelope.  Stir into cream cheese which has been softened and mixed with powdered sugar and vanilla.  Spread this mixture on crumb layer in pan.  Spoon raspberry mixture over this layer.  Top with remaining crumbs.  Chill - Yum-0

4 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

You are so cleaver. What a good mom! I can't believe that in just one short year all your boys will be home.

pirate ride said...

YUM-O! Look's fabulous!

Chelsie said...

I will have to try this recipe out! I can't wait to see Josh. He is so funny!

Jana said...

Hi Chelsie, you have to make this!!! Can you believe Josh will be home soon?? We will have a big party. Are you going to come to the Airport? We get home on the 24th I think around 1 or 2, but I will call your Mom and let her know for sure, I would love all of you guys there if you can. Love ya

Audra it it is way YUM-O

Sister, I can't wait until all boys are together again, then I won't understand anything they are saying in Spanish.