Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hola cómo está usted?



Translated "Hello, how are you?" Yes my vocabulary doesn't go much further than that in Spanish. Well, maybe Adios Amigos. The time has come the countdown clock is almost up, I'm off to Costa Rica to see my Son. Two years ago today on Valentines I had my heart ripped out as I said goodbye to him in the MTC. I then went to the mall with Jared, Lexi and Lynn and do what always makes me feel better, shop and eat chocolate. We ate these wonderful chocolate covered strawberries and then we had our Valentine dinner at P.F. Chang's. Two years later I am now going to go hug my son and bring him home. I am so very proud of Josh, he has been a wonderful Missionary and our family has been blessed with his service he has given. He has grown to love the people of Costa Rica and is struggling to leave them. I know he has blessed their lives as they have blessed his.
I thought I would post a few of my favorite pictures from his mission and when I return I hope to share our wonderful reunion. 




6 comments:

pirate ride said...

Oh yeah I am so excited for you! I love this post the way you said your heat got ripped out I almost cryed and then you made me laugh with the shopping and chocolates! But now you get to hug him and only have on son to go! I love you all and hope you have a fabulous time! Xoxox

Bonnie and Jim said...

It is one of the most bitter sweet moments I can think of to say goodby to your missionary.
Have a wonderful trip sis. Josh we welcome you home with loving arms. We done! Can't wait to see you in March.
All my love

Forbes Clan of Six said...

How exciting. Have a safe and fun trip. Give Josh hugs and kisses for me. Love you guys.

Karin S said...

I well remember that day! Your eyes were swollen shut! I am so excited to see him and give him a BIG hug! Hope you guys have fun! I tried to call you guys, but you had already left. Have fun! Love Ya!

The Bowles said...

Josh is home! Oh my goodness! I can't wait to hear all about your trip down there. I love Costa Rica! Btw, so excited you have a blog, saw it on Lexi's. You are one fabulous cook and the "apron with a spoon" is perfect for your blog title! so cute! what's your email so i can add you to our blog cuz it's private. thanks!

raylene

Jana said...

Hi Raylene, oh Im so excited to look at your blog my email is janabobana@mac.com Costa Rica was awesome I don't know if I will even be able to put it into words, but Im getting my pictures in order so keep looking I will have them posted soon. I love having Josh home he is so fun to have around here. Thanks for the comment.