Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love Valentines Day!


I love Valentines Day, I have so many fun memories as a girl, making a valentine box in school and going around slipping those valentines in others boxs. There was always that special one for a special person right? and hoping that special person would leave one in your box and say something sweet. I loved making valentines and delivering them at night to all my friends, leaving them on the door step, ring the bell and run. I loved going to the Daddy Daughter Date with my Dad and getting my pictures taken with him in front of a huge heart. Now I love sharing Valentines Day with my husband and children. I like to try to make it special for my kids and I'm always looking for fun things to do for them. There is a video from the website "cute valentines" press the button to the right it is from KSL Studio 5 it shows some very cute ideas, I listed some of them. I will probably be posting more about Valentines Day!

1. Put a can of FANTA soda in a cellophane bag with some taffy and chocolate: "Make my FANTA-sy come true … Be my Valentine!"
2. Wrap up a bag of Swedish fish: "It's O-FISH-al! I'm in love! Will you be mine" or "You're O-FISH-ally the best kid around … Happy Valentine's Day" or "FISHing a Happy Valentine's to the best CATCH around!"
3. Give chocolate covered cinnamon bears, marshmallow bears, or a stuffed bear: "Moms and chocolate make life more BEAR-able!" (Can be altered in a million different ways to include sisters and friends)
4. Tie a six pack of soda with a ribbon: "You are SODA special! Happy Valentine's Day!"
5. Wrap a can of Pringles to look like a stick of dynamite: "I think you are DYNAMITE! TNT!"
6. Tie a tag to a bottle of root beer: "Go ahead, kick up those heels! Have a ROOTIN'-TOOTIN BOOT-SCOOTIN Valentine's Day!"
7. Tied to a purse: "Happy Valentine's Day to someone with a cute PURSE-onality! Luv ya!"
8. A bottle filled with candy: "My love for you has been BOTTLED up for too long … so here it is! I love you!"
9. Tied to a can of Crush soda: "I've got a CRUSH on you!"
10. Tied to a jar of honey: "Will you be my HONEY?"
11. Tied to anything sweet for a fun teacher gift: "Please sit back and enjoy a TREAT … you deserve it".

3 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

I miss those days too sis. They don't deliver the valentines to home like we used too.
Cute ideas!! Your always doing something clever.

Jared Westergard said...

Those are so cute! I still remember 2 years ago on Valentines Day we were sitting on a bench in the mall eating chocolate all sad cause we just took Josh to the MTC. That was actually such a fun Valentines day. And now two years later you will be going to get him. Crazy how fast time flies by. Cute post I Love you!

Jana said...

I was thinking about the same thing, we drowned our sorrows in chocolate dipped strawberries, sooo good. I agree, it was a great Valentines day, good food and good company, you guys helped me get through that rip my heart out day. Love you lots, 7 more days!