Monday, November 2, 2009

New York -Day 1

I have to say that New York was everything that I was hoping it to be, I would never want to live there but already want to go back and again. Being there 8 days I still didn't get to see everything, and we did see a lot. One of the things I wanted to do the most was go down to Rockefeller Plaza on Friday morning and watch them tape the Today show and see the concert they have every Friday. So we did, I was disappointed cause Matt and Meredith were not there, but my favorite country performer Tim McGraw performed, what are the chances?? I couldn't believe it, he sang a song from his new album, very good. We then headed out to explore NY, we walked so much that I thought my feet were going to fall off. We went into the St. Patricks Cathedral, it is amazing how big this church is, the windows and ceiling were beautiful. They had just opened the ice skating rink a couple of weeks ago, so we sat and watched the people ice skate. We went to this huge candy store "Dylan's Candy Bar", it has three floors of yummy candy and everything else you could want, loved it. We then went to Serendipity for some lunch and of course the famous frozen hot chocolate and it was very good and what made it better was with peanut butter, as our waiter would say "its ridiculous" every thing that was good he would say that. As we were walking back to our Hotel we came across a photo shoot they were doing with these male models, so of course I took pictures. We ended the day by going to see a broadway show "Mary Poppins", it was so good and the special effects were amazing and I loved the music. The person who played Mary had an incredible voice it was like listening to Julie Andrews, kinda. We went to our hotel and collapsed.

Our Hotel - The Waldorf Astoria

This is in the Lobby, I loved the clock


NBC - Rockefeller Plaza


Tim McGraw performing


This girl in the blue coat kept getting in my way, grrrrrr.

Outside of St. Patrick's Cathedral

Inside the Cathedral



Ice Skating Rink




Yummy Candy place


I haven't seen the movie Serendipity but heard it was good.


Had frozen hot chocolate with peanut butter, it was ridiculous.


Frozen Hot Chocolate - YUM-O


Photo shoot, it was interesting watching how they did this, they were all freezing so they had these huge heaters on them.



No 17 Cherry Tree Lane - address of Mary Poppins


It was so rainy and cold and we couldn't get a cab.





Time Square lit up.

2 comments:

manders said...

oh jana! i love ny too! it looks like you had so much fun - how could you not? i can't wait to hear about days 2-8!

Forbes Clan of Six said...

Some day I will go. I am determined. Mary Poppins is one of my favorite shows. I always sing "Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down" to Avree becuase she has to take her medicine daily.