Saturday, November 7, 2009

New York - Day 3 (sick of this yet?)

This day we went on a tour of New York with the BKR group. We went to Central Park and saw the beautiful Conservatory Garden, there are three different gardens representing different landscapes, Italian, French and English. The French was my favorite because they plant flowers for all seasons. I had no idea that Central Park was as big as it is, I think it would be fun to rent a bike and ride all through it. We took a walk over to Wall Street, this was Lynn's favorite (of course) we passed a huge Cathedral whose bells were going off, they said on special occasions they would ring for 3 hours. We went to Ground Zero, this was really emotional to me, I remember watching those towers fall on T.V. and to see the actual place where they stood and thinking of standing there when the planes flew into them just was overwhelming to me. When the tour was done, Lynn and I went over to Grand Central Station and ate some lunch, it wasn't to busy cause it was a weekend but there were still a lot of people. I found a black and white cookie, it wasn't very good.

The French Gardens - statue of the Three Dancing Maidens

I loved these flowers.

Three Dancing Maidens

The English Garden's Burnett Fountain depicting Dickon and Mary from the book "The Secret Garden"

Italian Style Garden

Cathedral


Lynn loving Wall Street.

Federal Hall with George Washington Statue, where he took the oath of office as the first President of the United States. It is now a museum.

We tried to ride the subway once - we couldn't figure it out.

Ground Zero

Grand Central Station

Grand Central Station


Black and White cookie - yuck

Bells Ringing

3 comments:

manders said...

Nope. Not sick of it at all! Keep the NYC pics comin'. It makes me want to go again for sure! The flowers in Central Park are beautiful!!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I have been going none stop this week and have not been able to read the blogs. I'm finally getting to hear about your trip. No, it's not boring. Wow, what a trip. You saw some amazing places. I can't imagine standing at ground zero. I remember that day so clearly.
I bet Lynn loved wall street. His kind of place.
The place you stayed was beautiful! I can't believe you saw Tim McGraw. You are one of the luckest people I know.
And Mary Poppins, I bet you could see it again - yeh? Did you sing all the way through it. I know I would have.
Well, keep it coming. I'm loving it.

Jared Westergard said...

Haha definitely not sick of it. That's how I felt when I posted my NYC post. I love all your pictures I already want to go back:)