Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Birthday Dinner

For my birthday, we went to dinner at "The Keg" they have really good steak and a lettuce wedge salad, YUM-O.











Lynn got me an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, chocolate cake with mint ice cream. I havent had one of these forever, and it tasted so good.








Charm braclet from Juicy Couture, and a certificate for a free pedi.


I love Philosophy products, I got the birthday girl set with fun things in it. On each product there is a bit of philosophy on them. I loved what was on the birthday one.
philosphy: be grateful to have been given one more day, let alone one more year. remember to dance in your nightgown, sing in the shower, ride a bike, fly a kite, and take an occasional "wind bath" in your bare skin. give those you love big kisses, huge hugs, and the words "i love you" often and always. nurture your body rather than starve your soul with fad dieting. spend time with the old and the weary to better appreciate your life. on your birthday, call your mother and father wherever they are to thank them for all that they have done for you, even if you think they haven't done enough, watch the movie "life is beautiful" at least once a year. remember that you are not guaranteed tomorrow and that today is a good as it gets. thank god for every "thing", every "day", every moment.




Thanks to my kids and my husband for making it a special day. I am so blessed to have my family and friends in my life and want to thank them for their calls and gifts, your the best.

3 comments:

Jared Westergard said...

I am glad you had a good Birthday you deserve it! Love you!

pirate ride said...

Oh sounds YUM-O and sounds like you had a FABULOUS day!! I love your Juicy Coutureove braclet! SO cute!! I love you and am so glad you had a great Birthday!! XOXOX

Forbes Clan of Six said...

What a fun day. Don't you love to be spoiled! Wahoo!!!!!