Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!



This is probably my most favorite time of the year. As I watch the trees around my house bloom and blossom into beautiful flowers, everything is so new and smelling very pretty. I always look forward to Conference and wow it didn't disappoint me, in this troubling world we live in I was able to feel some comfort and safety in words that were spoken to us by our Church Leaders. I love Easter, the best candy ever is out at Easter time. I love coloring eggs, having Easter egg hunt, CHOCOLATE Bunnies so I can bite their ears off.

But mostly I love to focus my thoughts on the Savior, and remember why we really do celebrate Easter. We went to the Easter Pageant the other night at the Temple Visitors Center, I always am amazed at how beautiful it is each year and the good feeling you have watching the story of Jesus the Christ.

I received an email the other day with this video of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's latest talk he gave at conference, it has a very good Easter Message. 
The summary is... One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so.
Happy Easter Everyone!

3 comments:

Bonnie and Jim said...

Easter is my favorite time of year also. Spring just gives me hope. I love that video. Elder Holland is one of my most favorite speakers.
And Yes, the chocolate this time of year is the best.
Love you sis.

Jared Westergard said...

I love Easter too! We had so much fun spending Easter with you guys!

pirate ride said...

Easter is the best!!! Hope you guys had a great one!! We even got to have the sun that day!! :) ♥ ya!!