Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun Week in Utah!

Kell and I went and stayed at my sister's house for a week, I always love to go there, Bonnie and Jim always treat us so good and are so fun to be around, thanks guys for letting us crash there for a week and taking the time off to entertain us. While we were there Bonnie was watching her grand daughter Kate for the week while Keith and Sara went to Mexico, I fell in love with this little sweetie, she is the best baby and an absolute doll, I hope I can be as good of a Nanna as my Sis is. It was fun to return to my old stomping grounds and go to the Bountiful parade for the Utah Pioneer Day Celebration. I took pictures of the schools I attended and had to take the Utah Utes where Lynn graduated from.


Cute Kate and Bonnie


Kate


Kell trying to stay cool


Enjoying the parade


I love her sun glasses


South Davis Jr. High Spartans


Woods Cross High Wildcats!


Go Woods Cross High


LDS Business College




Paces Dairy Ann ice cream truck, we use to by ice cream from this truck when I was a little girl, its still the best place to go when we visit home.

We did a little bowling while we were there, it was fun to have the cousins together and my niece Audra, they pretty much showed me up in bowling, I should of used the bumpers to keep my ball from going in the gutter, oh well, we had a lot of fun and laughs.




This is my shot, I couldn't believe how these three pins stayed up.


I love this Picture


Kell and Kate


My adorable niece Audra!!


All the cute cousins - I love them!

My Sis and Niece

I finally had my sister teach me how to make the famous Haacke family recipe of Sauerkraut and Dumplings. This is a must if you are a Haacke, my Mom made these about once every year, something she had to learn when she married my Dad. There really isn't a recipe to follow just ingredients and you go by the feel of it, but I think I can do it now so when I get home to AZ I will practice on my family, get ready Lexi and Jared. My Sis Carol took the day off and us three got to work it takes about 6 hours to make them and after all our hard work the family all came out and had a Haacke dumpling dinner. We missed those who were not able to come, but I know Mom and Dad would of been proud of us all getting together and for me learning to make them.


The dumpling mixture


Bonnie showing us how to roll the dough


Carol's turn


I think I did it right.


The outcome, it is as good as it looks. YUM-O


My cute nephew Mike, not looking at the camera.


My beautiful niece Ashley and Jod!


Jod, Ashley, Audra, Kirk


Cute Breck


My beautiful niece Amber and her girls, she is having her 4th girl soon!


The cousins!


Sisters are the Best!!! we all look worn out from cooking!

6 comments:

pirate ride said...

Oh.....I miss you already!!! Wishing I had some Sauerkraut and Dumpling about now!! Dang those are so Fabulous!! I'm so glad that we all went bowling I had a blast and we all should have used the bumbers!!! hehe I Love you so much Love Me ♥ xoxox

pirate ride said...

P.S Go Woodscross Wildcats and South Davis Spartans!! WOOOOOOOOOO

Bonnie and Jim said...

I loved having the two of you here. You were a big help. We did have a good time didn't we? I'm ready to make dumplings again. I didn't get any left overs and that's the best part. Bowling was so fun with all the family. Hope you're having fun at the cabin. Are you going to eat at Brentovens? Yummmm!
Love you lots.

Forbes Clan of Six said...

I sure enjoyed seeing you. Oh how I wish we could see more of eachother. I am so thankful for our blogs. Thank you for a wonderful dinner and give the boys loves for me. Love you and miss you.

Jana said...

Audra, thanks so much for spending time with us and going bowling, I miss you guys too you have such a great family, your a good momma!! Love you

Bonnie, thanks again and no we are not eating at Brentovens its not fitting into my schedule, I have one more day here and we are running the river tomorrow and I need to somehow make it to the fish place still, see ya soon

Amber I enjoyed spending the short time I did with you and your sweet girls, I loved going bowling with them, they are such beautiful girls, we missed you. You look great and cant wait to hear news on your new little one. Love you so much.

Jared Westergard said...

How fun! It looked like you guys had a great time! You guys are too cute. Glad you had fun!