Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 26th Anniversary

Twenty Six years ago today I remember waking up early to the sound of thunder and pouring rain, then the door to my bedroom opened, it was my dad asking me if I was ok. He must of heard me crying and moaning about it raining on my wedding day, all I could think about was how awful I was going to look in my pictures (those with natural curly hair will understand). My dad was very comforting and as he prayed with me he said it would stop by the time we got out of the temple. Sure enough it did and it was beautiful with clouds still in the sky to make a beautiful background.


Lynn and I dated after he returned home from his mission, my ward that I grew up in was divided and our street was put into his. When he got home we went to the young adult activities and one night after a softball game at mosquito park he asked me to go get a drink with him, thats all it took, I was hooked. We dated about a year and on Easter which was also my birthday he gave me a basket full of fun things and as I was opening my gifts his sister came down stairs (whenever Lynn and I were down stairs his Mom would send Karin down to get a bottle of peaches, I use to think wow they eat a lot of peaches). She was looking at my gifts and opened a plastic egg wanting to see the prize, she held a ring in her hand and first thought it was one of those fake ones and then realized it was real, she politely handed it to me and went up stairs, I felt so bad for her she was so upset. I love you Karin.


We were married July 15, 1983 in the Salt Lake City Temple and spent our honeymoon in Star Valley Wyoming at his grandparents cabin, and to this day is still our favorite place to go every summer. Im grateful for the good husband Lynn is, he has been there for me through difficult times and we have shared so many wonderful times. We are so blessed with our four beautiful children and daughter-in-law, our greatest accomplishment. Happy Anniversary Lynn!
























9 comments:

Forbes Clan of Six said...

Happy Anniversary. I love the pictures of you and Lynn as newlyweds. You still look the same. Beautiful and young.

Karalee and Anthony said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures. You guys are adorable!

pirate ride said...

Awwwwww...........love!!! Such cute pictures!! You two are the cutest and you can see all the love in your eyes that you have for each other! I love you both and your fabulous family so very much! Glad to see that you are still as happy as when you got married! Happy 26th! XOXOXO

Jana said...

Thanks everyone, Love you all.

Karin S said...

I remember that day! I am SOOOOO glad that you joined our family! Happy Anniversary!Heres to MANY MANY more! We are excited for you to come and visit! LOVE YA!

Jana said...

Thanks Karin Im the lucky one to have you guys as my family, can't wait to see you. Love ya

Jared Westergard said...

Happy Anniversary! I love looking at those pictures of you guys! I love the one of you guys at the cabin such a cute couple! I am so lucky to have you guys as my in laws! Love you!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Happy Anniversay Sis!!! Lynn is a great guy. It's funny to look back and to think I used to play with him as a child. You have a beautiful family!! Love you

Liz said...

Congratulations you two! It was fun to stumble onto your blog. We miss seeing you guys every Sunday!