Monday, July 13, 2009

Think Cool Thoughts......

Igloos, snow cones, icebergs, ice skating, anything frozen, we are on our third day of an excessive heat warning. Yesterday it reached 115 and when I went to bed at 10:30 it was still 104. When it gets this hot we don't cool down at night, our swimming pool now feels like a warm bath tub, all this doesn't help my issue with those wonderful things you get when your hormones are out of whack. So cooking in the kitchen gets to be pretty miserable, thanks to the new addition to my kitchen decor, my rooster fan keeps me cool and looks pretty cute too, I love it.





So I had to try this new Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I found, I usually don't try new one cause Lynn likes the one I always make, but this one was Yum-O and what is good about it is it has wheat flour in it, your family will never know. Enjoy!!



Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I only used 1 cup)

Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper (I did neither and they came out fine on a regular metal cookie sheet). In bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips, then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.

Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup (or use cookie scoop) onto the cookie sheet (I did large golf ball size chunks and fit 9 at a time, they spread quite a bit, so don't cram them). Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in 325 preheated oven or until the edges are lightly toasted (I did about 13 min.) Cool ust for a few minutes before taking off cookie
sheet.

5 comments:

pirate ride said...

After you posted this recipe I went right out and got and the things I would need to make these Yum-O cookies!!! BUT I added some oatmeal into them becuase oatmeal choc. chip are my absoulte favorite cookies ever! I must say there are fabulous, yum-O and delicous!! Loved them thanks for posting!!

Jana said...

Audra, good idea about the oatmeal, those are one of my favorites too, next time Im going to add it, but I need to wait awhile, ive eaten almost everyone of the ones I made, dang why do I do that. Oh and they are the best right out of the oven Yum-O. Glad you liked them Love ya

pirate ride said...

Oh....P.S your Rooster fan is so stinkin cute! Love you too!

Karin S said...

Man I think these would be great to eat up at the cabin while playing games! I think I need to try them! I love the rooster fan! You know if Aunt Barbara saw it, she would HAVE to get one! Love Ya!

Jana said...

Ill bring the recipe if you bring the games!!! Barb will definitely have to get one they are so darn cute